Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

endometriosis and bad discharge

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I have Endo and I am on provera.Last month I was hospitalised due to severe pain and very bad smelly discharge.The Gynae said it was an infection in my womb and I was on 2 lots of antibiotics for 2 weeks.This cleared up the discharge and the smell went away.

Since last week I have started to suffer with lower back pain and my stomach is all swollen,I also have pain in my right side and my vagina is very sore,this I seem to be able to control taking my prescribed pain killers.

The real problem is the discharge and the smell from it,its really bad.For example today I had a shower at 9am by 12 I had to change my underwear as it was destroyed and the smell was sickening,at 4pm I has to do the same thing.I work 10-5 so this is very embarrassing because I know it smells really bad.Even the Gynae said it was a very strong smell when i was in hospital.

I have a shower in the morn,after work and before I go to bed and the next morn I am destroyed and the smell is really bad,even my mam has said it to me!!!!!!

I use a special feminine soap but this doesnt seem to work.I am back with my gynae next month but this is really getting out of hand.

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2009
aw hun, same thing happened to me with anything nr my floot, dont worry, think many of us get it, there are a few good remedies i frequently use if i accidently come into contact, ky jelly is a nono too, just water thats it, u will get used to it, i use activ balance, or biofem active gel, they are a bit pricey and dont last long but totally worth it. i use them like 2/3 times a day until the smell goes then i use just them now and again to keep a good flora balance. the gynae were no help to me with regards to this, so did research myself and found many women with endometriosis have chemical sensitivety, so ur not alone. i hope this helps for you.
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Thanks for your response,it seems to be getting worse and now ive started to bleed on the provera,im now missing work.Ive always had discharge ever since I can remember,but nothing like this Sad
|

replied October 31st, 2009
sometimes theres a breakthru bleed or spotting, ru due another shot? when the bleed subsides use one of them things i mentioned, for some reason the discharge gets worse with bleeds, sometimes a bleed triggers the discharge cos it unbalances the levels, i hope u feel better soon, take care
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
im not on injections,taking 3 provera tabs a day and ive been bleeding ever day.I was on provera a few years ago and dont remember bleeding on it.I supose it al cums wit havn endo,you wud think i wud be use to it by now as I have it 12 years.I have an appointment wit my gynae on the 23rd of ths month so hopefully she will have de results of my test.Thanks bluedaze you have been very helpful
|

replied March 19th, 2011
Hello There,

I have the same bad horrifying oder you are describing and pain and soreness. I am currently in the process of getting diagnosed. They think its a. endometriosis b. PID or c. some kind of std. I find it helpful to bath in water that has apple cider vinegar that I add to it. It keeps the smell away for atleast 8 hours.
|

replied October 29th, 2014
Hi, I just want to say that I've experienced all of these symptoms and never thought it was anything to really freak out about but
|

replied October 29th, 2014
Sorry but my comment had posted without me even hitting the post button but what I was going to continue saying is that now that I've been with my fiance for the last three years it's now that we've been talking about why I haven't gotten pregnant yet cause he says he's never had had problems, yet he had no kids either. We both don't have kids and now that are 36 almost at 37 its getting harder and harder when we have that discussion. I definitely have go to a Dr and then go from there. But I have 2 questions, first one is, ids that when I was 19 I got pregnant anmy mom forced me too have an abortion and I was already 17 weeks so was hard and haven't been able hey pregnant since. Now since I've been pregnant and have had an abortion will it make it even harder for me too get pregnant?And second question is that when I do found out I have it how hard will it be for me to get pregnant? Thank you so much for your help.......
|