Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

Ending relationship. Why can't I let go

I hate the person I'm with and wish I would have never met him. He is in a poly relationship with 4 other women. My retarded self thought that there would be time for me, but 1.5 yrs later nothing except on my birthday and "anniversary" and I still get cut out of time. I am tired of fighting, tired of talking to myself. When i see him, I fill with anger. I am so hurt and dont want to be alone. But the funny thing about it is I AM by myself. So why can't I tell him to go shove it? He will never end it, I guess so not to be the bad guy. but can't do this anymore. I cry every night and it hurts when they claim to care and support you, but they don't. They never have and never will. Please someone help me to let go so I can try to start to live again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 27th, 2012
though its tough
hope u hv gone thru net abt n no. of articles written on this. instaed of expecting someone to give us time, better to find a way of giving time to myself and improve my happiness factor in my own way.
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2012
hey,
you cant tell him all those things because deep inside you love him. And though it may be little love its still love. And even the littlest of love can go a long way. It seems like youve been through so much and you are finally ready to move on because you realize you deserve better. I commend you for that because it takes guts to finally move on. Just know that you dont need him or anyone else to take care of you. You seem like a beautiful, smart, and caring woman that is capable of being independent. And it wont be easy, its going to be hard; but you have to endure those hardships and believe that you can make it. As for the crying, its just the reality setting in,all you need to do is look forward and past him. its going to take alot of time; but time heals the broken. Stay strong and be confident. Dont ever think your anything less than amazing.
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
The thing is you can be alone and be by yourself and you really do not need to be in a relationship to be happy. Because if you think about it, you are in one now but still not making you happy.
The only reason you are keeping a relationship with this guy is because you want his confirmation. The fact that he is dating other women, he is making you feel like there is something wrong with you, and all you want to do is get him to notice you and want you only and no one else.
He is dating other women because he wants his ego stroke. It doesn't mean that you aren't good enough, it just that he is insecure with himself.
My advice is to look deep within yourself, ask what truly makes you happy and who can you be without him in your life. Go take care of you, pamper yourself, and only do things that makes you feel happy and comforted.
If you continue to see him, accept him for what he is, and do not try to change him, because you won't be able to. Instead, change your thinking, and focus on you instead of him. Pretty soon, you won't even worry about him anymore. And you won't worry about any other guys for that matter. The important thing is you, not him. Take care of yourself:)
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Didn't even realized that this post was at least three months old. I hope you figured thing out.
|