Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Enchondroma sit soreness

Help ... Enchondroma Question.. Should I be concerned?

My enchondroma "site" on my right pubic ramus ( pubic bone ) is sore to the touch, like a bruise & is slightly swollen with a small knot. I ache in my hips nightly, but since I suffer from lupus, I am accustomed to nocturnal pain.
Should this new soreness & slight swelling of my enchondroma site be alarming?

I've made appt w/ my ortho oncologist .... Until then I hoped someone could advise me on my situation as I am fearful my enchondroma is changing to chondrosarcoma
My enchondroma was found accidentally two years ago & I was told by Ortho Oncologist that I would just need to do scans yearly to monitor for changes & otherwise no further assesements would be needed . Currently I am 38 with Lupus , healthy otherwise. Seeking advice.. Thx,
T
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Tarak,

That small knot on that area may be inflamation. Until your doctors appointment. In the mean time you can soak in a warm bath with epsome salt added to the water. If getting in the tub is to painful for your just heat a warm town and lay it over that area several times a day.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Oncologist today. He says my enchondroma is still ( due to today's x-Ray) relatively unchanged to his sight on plain x-ray & that my lesion / groin tenderness is likely dueto muscle pain /myalgia of having Lupus. I don't understand really. This tenderness& inflamation is ONLY on my pubis bone where my "enchondroma" is located !! ...I can't find much in research for an enchondroma in my location, let alone an explaination suggesting why I would acutely develop pain in my site without the answer being a transformation to chondrosarcoma... I have to go back in two months. If tenderness & inflamation persist, he says he will do a curettage & fill?? Any ideas or insights would be great! Smile thx for replying! T
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
I have interest in the answers as well. I have a 14 cm enchondroma in my femur. Pain has developed at the site of the tumor...Xrays show not change in the tumor...unclear what causes the pain...
|

replied November 18th, 2010
Me too
Michael

I also have a 13.2cm enchondroma in my femur (found out today), I would like to discuss with you what would you do.
|

replied November 20th, 2010
I get an xray every 6 months to monitor...make sure you have a good ortho oncologist...there is much to learn in the chondrosarcoma-support.org support group.
|

replied November 21st, 2010
OK
Thanks, which doctor did you see? and would you consider a synergy?
|