Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Emphysema prognosis and consequences?

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
hi
I have had a bought of bronchitis for the first time in about 10 years. I have been a mild smoker. An xray revealed that my lungs appear to be over expanded consistent with CAL. The doctor says I have emphysema however was very vague about the prognosis and consequences, he said I may have lost 20 - 40 % of my lung capacity.

can anyone shed any light on this?

Mpickles1
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2011
I recently quit,and if you quit smoking it wont get worse knock on wood i do know it does reverse itself,and in time your lung function will get better and the unaffected areas will be maximized, and follow the doctors advice and treatments.
|
Did you find this post helpful?