Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Embarrassing/Noticeably Smelly Watery Discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I really hope some one else can relate to this.

So, I have had the worst luck when it comes to vaginal health.

I started having a horrible discharge that will spur up at random. It is accompanied by a clear liquid discharge and has the most putrid smell I've ever experienced. It seeps onto my clothing and I know others can notice it. I told my mother about it and she said that it was so strong she could smell it on me. She also said it smelled exactly like amniotic fluid.

This has gone on for about 6 months now. It comes and goes. What could it be? Also, I notice it seems to occur simultaneously when I'm feeling constipated. Do the two coincide?

It is so horribly embarrassing and such a nuisance, especially at work. The fluid comes out more also when I wear certain clothing; such as, tights, etc. and when I am nervous.

I have had a medical abortion, as well as taken the morning after pill all within that same year prior to developing this.

Any suggestions? I need to make a doctor appointment but it'd hard to find time working as a financial professional.

Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SearsTower1
|

replied March 8th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
SearsTower1, It might very well be a bacterial infection like bacterial vaginosis (BV). A doctor can treat it with antibiotics.

Best of luck
|

replied March 9th, 2011
hi searstower1, i use to suffer with yeast infections and had a horrible smell. since high school almost 15 years, i had that smell trailing me around and was horrified that everybody knew it was me. But 3 years ago i found a homeopathic doctor who recommended i start taking probiotics to balance my yeast and bacteria levels in my body which could have been the cause of the smell and excessive discharge, so i been on yefense probiotics for 3 years now and i havent had that smell or an infection in over 2 years. i hope this helps you, that was a nightmare for me.
|

replied March 9th, 2011
Thank you
Thank you both for your response.
I will call to make an appointment this week. The whole thing feels like a nightmare to me as well. Sad At least I know I'm not alone.

Thank you so much for the advice. I looked up the yefense brand of probiotics. I think I will try that. Can you buy this at a Vitamin Cottage or over-the-counter somewhere?
|

replied March 11th, 2011
dont know if in stores
its a great product ive bn on for a few years, and ive never seen it in a store. i just get it online, plus im private if i dont get it from the doctor or pharmacy, im not going to go buy it openly. i knw its silly but... so yeah jus get it online. take care
|

replied December 23rd, 2011
have you found out why you have this? I have the same problem, I also had a cyst earlier this year and it was accompanied with this horrible discharge, I am dreading the fact that it may be back Sad
|