Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Elevated Alkaline Phosphatase result - twice

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
I have had 2 elevated Alkaline Phosphatase readings....both done after a 14 hour fast. 1st was 144, two months later it was 167. Intestinal Isoenzymes was 0, placental isoenzymes was undetectable, Bone isoenzymes was 38 and liver isoenzymes was 62. I am 47, female, type O positive blood, hemoglobin A1c is 5.8% and estimated blood glucose is 114mg/dl. I do not drink, I am about 15 lbs overweight, I watch my carb and sugar intake. I do have mild discomfort in the stomach area (mainly on the sides), nothing major, my bowels are never on a schedule and tend to mostly be loose. I am going for an abdominal sonogram in a few days but seeking a bit more information and possible culprits.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Non alcoholic steatohepatitis is the likely cause here. You need to lose weight and modify diet and lifestyle and wait and observe.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Hepatitis
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.