Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Electric shock sensations in face

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've been searching neurological issues for the past couple days and this has confused me. Here's my situation:

I have been having an electric shock sensation on my jaw up by the ear for the past couple months. It would only last for a couple seconds-a minute and not very often, maybe once a week or less. I thought it because of my headphones and honestly haven't thought anything of it until 2 days ago. I had many "shocks" within the same day, my face felt numb and I could taste novicane in my mouth except, of course, I didn't have any. The left side of my face, where this was occurring became swollen. The shocks only lasted about 8 hours on and off, and after about 12 hours my face started to feel fine. Yesterday and today I feel fine until being awake for about 4 hours and then my face feels extremely sore, like I just got punched, with possible minor shocks but nothing enough for me to 2nd guess that those are just in my head.

I have a doctors appointment on Monday but just curious whether or not an attack has to land you in a hospital? What I found online was just "acute symptoms" which was not helpful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply