Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Electric sensation in head ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I'm worried, to say the least. I can't talk to a doctor, which is why I'm asking here.

The feeling is really strange. I feel like there's electricity in my brain or something, or like tiny bubbles are popping in my head. It's always there, but gets better and worse throughout the day. Sometimes it's so intense that it's dizzying.

A few months ago, I first started feeling this. It was there for a few days, disappeared, and yesterday it returned out of nowhere. Now it won't stop.

It's not concentrated in one spot, it's all around the top of my head, but not anywhere past the neck. It started around last night, but here's the thing: if I try to relax, I feel like I almost black out and I jolt back up instantly. It kept me awake until about 4:00 in the morning last night, until I discovered it wasn't as bad if I propped my head up against the pillow.

I also have anxiety/panic attack problems. It could be just something to do with that, but of course, I don't know what's really going on.

I'm going away until Friday on a school trip, so I can't see my doctor. I couldn't make an appointment anyway, because my parents would never let me, and I need someone to drive me to the doctor. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I'm not on any medications, and I haven't actually injured my head. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|