Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

elderly dreams

mr grandpa has had lack of sleep lately and he said he was seeing chinese people with big eyes and mouth. when he mentioned this to us my aunty said there are to othere elderly people at her work that see the same thing my grandpa described. why is this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2009
Supporter
I have never heard this before..Does your grandfather know these other people at your aunts work?
|

replied June 5th, 2009
no he doesnt. my aunty works in a building thats kinda like a old folks home
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
Supporter
Honey, I wish I had an answer or even an idea..If he sees this then maybe a movie has stuck in his mind and he has exagerated the image..I would think though that it would be good to let his doctor know just in case ther are more things going on..
|

replied June 8th, 2009
Maybe do some research on sleep paralysis, it can cause hallucinations during sleep. It is very strange however that other people have seen the same things; perhaps there is some connection between your grandpa and the people at your aunts work, ex. maybe they watch the same tv show, or have wallpaper that for some reason stimulates similar visions? Look into finding some similarities between them, maybe something specific is triggering this.
|
Quick Reply