Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Elbow and neck lymph node...........

I have been to four different drs. 2 family drs and 2 surgeons about a1 cm posterior cervical lymph node and one 5mm epitrochlear lymhp node (elbow) which is rare and people say it is something to take seriously yet all the drs seem to say "oh it is nothing to worry about." I have no other symptoms of anything but they have been there for 9-12 months (since I noticed them at least). Age is 26. Am I over reacting or should I seek out yet another opinion. they are moveable somewhat squishy i guess. they aren't hard or soft really. they are smooth like and not matted down. what should my next step be? Pursue another dr or let this fear of disease go?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2011
Lymphoma typically causes painless (and progressive) enlargement of one or more lymph nodes. On the other hand, tender, painful lymph nodes are usually caused by infection or inflammation.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a specific diagnosis over the Internet to patients with concerns regarding enlarged lymph nodes. Therefore, my advice is for you to see your doctor for an examination. If you have persistently enlarged lymph nodes (and especially if they continue to enlarge), then a biopsy may become necessary to rule-out lymphoma, or other cancers involving the lymph nodes.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied September 6th, 2011
I have went to 2 surgeons, 2 family docs, and 1 onc. All said it is nothing they think is alarming. I had a ct scan w/ contrast done on my neck and i came back saying they could see lymphnodes in my posterior chain but neck tomography came back normal. The onc said in referene to elbow node, "that's a weird spot for a lymph node." And I was thinking, "no S%@t, that's why i am concerned." He said he thinks everything looks fine but the only way to know for sure is remove it. But he said he does not see the need to. I guess I should just stop worrying????
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.