Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Ejaculatory anhedonia

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
For about two years, I have not been able to experience the degree of pleasure I used to when I ejaculate. There is a big build-up, but then I just ejaculate with very little pleasure. I've heard guys call this ejaculatory anhedonia, which is a good way of describing the problem in two words.

Most of the other guys who have this problem have been told to use a prostate massager, a gimmick that you insert into your rectum and use to stimulate the prostate. I tried this once, out of desperation, but I was so worried about tissue damage that I couldn't really go through with it.

I have been too doctors, including one urologist, who say that they've never heard of this. I find that hard to believe given the number of guys on the web who are suffering with it.

I think I've finally figured it out. I produce very little semen these days (maybe a drop of two), whereas when I was younger (certainly in my 50s) I shot loads of semen. I think that the pleasure associated with an orgasm is directly related to the amount of semen one produces. A lot of semen produces repeated, strong and pleasurable contractions, while less semen produces fewer and less intense contractions and so less pleasure. Armed with this theory, I began searching for information on how to increase the amount of semen I ejaculate. A consistent recommendation was zinc supplements. After making myself mildly sick by taking too much, I found the right dose, and wouldn't you know, after a couple of weeks i was producing more semen and experiencing more pleasure. This has been limited, though, since I can't seem to get past 3-4 big drops of semen. I'm looking for more info on additional supplements I can take to increase this process.

Anyone have the same problem? I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|