Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Effects of Concerta

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
I started taking Concerta 7 years ago and I notice now that I am almost graduated from high school that I started twitching and making noises and picking at myself when I started taking this medicine. Also I notice that I have, over the years, become very emotionally unstable. I have thought about and attempted suicide a few times, while there are other things going on in my life, I do notice when I don't take my Concerta I don't want to die. Is this stuff normal? Why would a doctor prescribe such a God awful medicine to people?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2012
Concerta XL
Hi, I've been taking Concerta XL for maybe 7 months and have expreienced the opposite of what AusBoy94 is saying. I have always been extremly sensitive, emotionally unstable, obsessive, depressed, brain fog, nervous, unfocused, also suicidal thoughts would go through my head. The 7 mnths of my life have been the best ever, I'm used to it now, but when i look back it was hell not life.
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2012
Community Volunteer
My daughter was on Concerta for nearly 20 years with absolutely no problems unless she didn't take it.

All medications have warnings on them about mood changes, suicidal thoughts, feeling confused, etc. If those symptoms occur, you should consult your doctors right away.
|