Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Effects after hernia operation

I had a hernia operation 4 yrs ago. Since then I have constant bowl sounds, sometimes very painful winds. I had a stomach ulcer before that and I am not sure if it is another ulcer causing these uncomfortable symptoms. I get bloated very easily and is then very uncomfortable.

Is there something that I can do about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mhyck_24
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2009
There are many possible reasons for abdominal bloating and increased gas production, including diet, irritable bowel syndrome, food intolerance or food allergies, and, less commonly, tumors of the GI tract.

You do not indicate what type of hernia operation you had, but if it involved surgery within your abdominal cavity, then it is also possible that you might have adhesions within your abdomen, which can sometimes bind up the intestines and lead to partial or complete bowel obstructions.

Perhaps a consultation with a GI doctor might be helpful in your case.

Sincerely/ Robert Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
Classic signs of what I have, Celiacs Disease.
|

replied November 10th, 2009
Can a hernia operation in men cause loss of interest in sex or erectile dysfunction?
|

replied February 9th, 2010
Thickness beneath wound
Plz Dr. i had a hernia surgery ( the one that the dr. opens over my penis on the right and insert a small net and repair and close. and its been 10 days now, the wound is OK but beneath the wound where the net is, i got something thick like a small finger or something.. and it just came ( happened ) 2 days ago when i was about to sneez but i pressed the sneezing inside so my stomach streched and the wound hurt me alot. please DR. tell me why is this thickness happening,Thx
|

replied September 13th, 2010
i also had hernia operation/surgery 3 years ago. i'm just curious. does people undergone hernia operation/surgery can be impotent or can have a hard time to make a baby?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.