Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

ED Trend

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I am getting so angry the past few years seeing and reading about girls aspiring to be anorexic. Eating disorders among other self distructive behaviours (like self mutilation) have become a trend among teens today and the more publicity they get, the more common they get. I have been suffering from a variety eating disorders since early childhood and started developing anorexia at the age of 12. today I am at a pretty healthy weight but after having shifting from anorexia to bulimia for the past 4 years my digestion system has been permenently damaged. I suffer from daily diarrhea, my food comes back up after everytime I eat, forcing me to chew it and swallow it again, my digestion system is so sensitive, so if I want to eat out at night I get really bad stomach pain and not to mention the dammage to my heart and I've seen cases
-way- worse then mine. A friend of mine is one of those trend followers I mentioned a few lines up and I really don't know how to deal with her. I can't stand listening to her clueless comments and having to sit there and hear her talk as if she is "a member of the club now". I don't even know what to say to make them stop.. All I have to say is don't be stupid, to all of you out there who try to become anorexic on purpose and good luck to all of you who want to recover because it's the most important step. M.
Did you find this post helpful?
|