Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Eczema and other allergic reactions

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
User Profile
i have a little rash on my upper chest area..right below my colar bone...it goes down towards on my breasts..it does NOT itch..i do have severe anxiety..i notice that when im thinking aboutsomething bad. it apears worse..they look different everytime.. some look like pimoples others look red. but again dont itch or hurt..just really annoying to look at..? could thisbe anxiety ...stress or eczama? sorry i know i spelled that wrong....thanx!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2009
Skin Answer A6471
It is hard to identify a rash without seeing it. According to the description you provided you might be experiencing a kind of allergic reaction, possibly eczema. Eczema is a form of skin inflammation characterized with redness, skin edema, drying, and itching. However, in certain subtypes of eczema, itching is not so easily detected.

You might want to try different moisturizing products to decrease the dryness and ask your doctor about corticosteroid anti-inflammatory or over-the-counter creams to reduce the inflammation.

If this does not help within several weeks of application, then you might want to visit a dermatologist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.