Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Echo Cardiographic Report

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
My father aged 59yrs.,was admitted in hospital twice on an complain of heart attack.
ECG revealed ST elevaion in anterior leads, Trop T positive and Echo revealed severe LV dysfunction.

Echo Cardiographic report as follows:

Mitral Valve: Normal
Aortic Valve : Normal
Tricuspid Valve: Normal
Pulmonary Valve: Normal
Left Atrium 2.8cms
Left Ventricle 5.6*4.8cms
LVEF% 30 LVFS% LVPW: 0.7cm
LVEDV ml LVES ml LV Mass Grams
Right Atrium Normal
Left Ventricle Normal
IVS 0.5cms
IAS Intact
AORTA 2.6cms
Pulmonary Artery Normal
Pericardium Normal
Doppler Pulmonary Flow Velocity =0.9m/sec
Aortic Flow Velocity=1.0m/sec
Mitral Flow Velocity: E=0.5; A=0.7m/sec; DT=300ms
Color Doppler
Other Findings

Impression
Normal Valves
Dilated LV
LV Regional Wall Motion Abnormality+
Anterior Wall Akinetic
Severe LV Systolic dysfunction, LV EF=30%
Grade I LV Diastolic Dysfunction
No MR/ AR/TR/PAH
No pericardial effusion/vegetation/Clot

So, I request you to please advice a necessary step in view of this report.

I would be very much thankful if you provide answer as soon as possible.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2009
A) I would like to understand what a “Trop T Positive” is in an ECG.

B) I have been advised to get an Echo and Threadmill Test done.
You have stated that Echo Test was also done for yr father.
I would like to understand what all Non-Invasive Color Doppler Tests are normally covered by default, in a Standard Echo.

Pl also read my query under the topics : “ECG Interpretation and Calculations” and “Complete Non-Invasive Color Doppler Echo with all Modes ?” in the same “Heart Disease and Heart Attack” Forum.

Often many labs may have an old Echo machine with rather rudimentary features – I want to avoid such labs. So, how would one look for a lab, which has the latest Echo machines for all non-invasive options of Color Doppler Echocardiography including all the Modes.

C) I wanted to analyse my own ECG and learn more about certain ECG Axis calculations etc. However, I have been informed that currently, we cannot upload any attachment like for eg, and ECG Report.
So, I am curious to know how other users in this forum are getting their ECG Reports analysed.
|
Did you find this post helpful?