Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Eating mold on bread

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I just ate half a muffin and realized that it had mold on it. After eating half I saw mold on the top of part I hadn't eaten yet. It was white and was thread-like, similar to a spider web. Does anybody know if this will make me sick and what to expect if it does?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
It could make you sick, but honestly I would throw up just from the knowledge....call me a very squeamish person if you wish. You could just induce vomiting and be done with it.

Possible effects are that within 24 hours, you might get some stomach cramps, gas, and or diarrhea, but other than that you should be ok.

I read that most bacteria and molds aren't going to survive the acid in your stomach. But it isn't even that much, not even for you to notice before you ate it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
Supporter
It probably won't make you sick since it was such a small amount. Just a suggestion; I would drink lots of water to wash it out of your system.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Nutrition
Quick Reply