Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Eating bananas harmful ?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
User Profile
Can eating a banana every day be harmful for my health?
I usually eat a banana and have a cup of tea in the morning every day...
Is that bad for me?

Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper blu330ciracer
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
not harmful....
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2010
Experienced User
Hi arthas,would be interesting to know why you think eating bananas would be bad for your health?
Now eating chocolate for breakfast would be bad!
Bananas are extremly good for us,it helps digestion & has natural sugars.One thing i would say is try to always eat them in the mornings rather than evenings as bananas have a slow energy release thus making you feel less hungry for longer.
Banana for breakfast with a piece of wholemeal toast (no butter) would be one of the best starts in the mornings.
Maybe replace the tea with green tea.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2010
Banana for breakfast is great. Sliced over muesli is another way to serve them.

But dark healthy chocolate after breakfast is great too...
you can eat a nugget, guilt free, after breakfast as it is packed full of anti-oxidants as well as the goodness of cacao. The chocolate I use is made with blueberries, acai berries and red grape juice. In fact I know lots of people that have a nugget after each meal, for health.
|

replied March 31st, 2010
bananas are fine. good source of potassium.
|

replied March 31st, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Bananas are a little fattening but as part of a healthy diet they are extremely healthy given modern eating habits.
|

replied April 1st, 2010
I have bananas all the time. Bananas have a lot of potassium and are easy to digest. They also prevent cramping and help to promote healthy circulation. A banana with breakfast is awesome
|

replied April 1st, 2010
funny you should ask i just saw a story that scientists have found that there is something in bananas that can help to combat hiv!!!!! lol so i guess bananas are great!
|

replied April 4th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
mzyoungblood wrote:
funny you should ask i just saw a story that scientists have found that there is something in bananas that can help to combat hiv!!!!! lol so i guess bananas are great!

I''d be reluctant to put much stock in this. AIDs is more common in parts of the world where Bananas are grown. There are a lot of factors other than geography but if Banana''s had a significant impact on resistance to HIV you''d expect it to have some impact where they are most plentiful.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
Can eating three or banannas a day be harmful to you?
|