Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Easily winded and lump in throat

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I have had anxiety since I can remember, at least around age 5 and its gotten more complex as I've gotten older. I recently have been under A LOT of stress and have been going through some family troubles etc... but over the past few weeks or so I have been having this tight, uncomfortable pain in my chest. The pain is sharp and dull at times and radiates from my chest to my shoulders and back. I also feel like I'm not getting enough air. No matter how deeply I breathe in I feel not enough air comes back out and I am easily winded when talking. I also constantly feel like I have a lump in my throat (like right before you cry)

Is this all stress or something worse??? I am also terrified of going to the doctors office.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2010
Anxiety and Stress Answer A13546
Thanks for using this forum...

Tightness of chest and difficulty in breathing can mean a lot of things...It may be srious or just a viral thing,I would recommend you to go to a doctor and get a few tests done without worrying too much...time lost will only increase your anxiety and it will relieve you to know whta's happening inside you.....

take care,

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.