Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Easily annoyed

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
For a long time i have always got annoyed with little things such as people chewing loud,tapping their feet, (dont we all) -Its getting worse with everything making me angry and i have to stop what is happening otherwise i will loose it.I have to close all doors in the house completely before i can sleep because if not the wind from the windows makes the door move forward and back and clash making a noise. i drive myself crazy, it can be the middle of the night and if somebody in my family for example has been to the toilet and dont close the door.I have to get myself out of bed and close it (i wake up VERY easily).I hear the tv from downstairs in my room and any noises from the house (people talking,stirring tea,the kettle,walking around the house). I get so wound up with myself and its wrecking my life.I now cannot sleep untill the last person in my family sleeps (my dad , at about 1-2oclock at night) and i have to be up when the first person gets up(my mum 5.30 for work) aswell as getting up everytime somebody goes to the toilet in the night( about every half hour , no joke i have a big family and a pregnant sister constantly going to the loo) .. believe me i have tried going to sleep before but i cant ! and i cant stay in bed later in the morning because of the noises of my mum making her breakfas in the morning(kettle,plates clashing,the grill when making toast,stirring tea.. (very thin floors so i hear everything) i end up shouting at people and will run downstairs in the morning to shout at her for ''''making too much tea'''' i know its bad.i try stop myself from going and saying something but i end up in a state and just cry and hit the walls ,..so i end up with about 4 or 5 hours sleep each night.my mum calls me selfish.she is right.but she dosent understand. think i have a problem i dont know what. maybe anger issues.i blame me so i will hit myself or sit on my bed covering my ears to block out all sound and rock back and forward, i pull my hair out ,constantly .. i am starting to get bald patches but i just cant stop :/ .its just little things like now i can hear the tap dripping downstairs.so i need to go right now to stop the nosie. hope somebody can tell me whats wrong with me :/ ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper horses123
|

replied April 9th, 2010
ok so you get angry very easily,that's ok, but you should't exaggerate.well you got too many nerves so one helpful thing would be to spend your free time with hobbies like swimming,basketball or whatever so that you calm your nerves.and as regards your sleeping problems try getting protection auditive earplugs so you will not get annoyed by the noises at night or early in the morning and have a quite sleep! hope i was kind of helpful,take care:)
|

replied September 15th, 2010
Seriously, get ear plugs. You can now get cheap, soft, smooth, comfortable foam ones. I also wake up at the slightest noise - earplugs are a godsend. Many researchers now think that sleep problems may be a common cause of mental health problems, rather than the other way round. People who don't have this problem don't understand how serious it is, and how stressful it is over long periods. Your anger seems to me like a result of this stress. I wish I'd discovered earplugs years ago.
|

replied April 4th, 2012
Annoyed easily?
That happens to me also/:
But, once I'm asleep, I'm asleep. But if I wake up& people are making noises.... That's the part where it gets crazy. I try to contain myself for the longest! And I yell downstairs multiple times until I go off & I cry, put music all the way up, and stomp. I already know I get annoyed easily, so does my cousin, I think the older you get, the worse it gets...
|

replied May 27th, 2013
disorder with sounds
what are these people talking about^_^. they obviously dont know what your talking about am around the age of 12 ( dont wanna say my age) and i get annoyed easily too , like for example when people smack when they eat then clean their teeth. when people burp or fart on purpose , when they scratch and it makes a really nasty noise, sniffling or blowing their nose or tapping fingers or clicking a pen i literally get easily annoyed . but any way to the point i was watching national geographic a few days ago and it said its called Misophonia , its actually a greek word forr ''extreme dislike of sound'' and it usually starts off around the age of 10-12. so yeah.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
Experienced User
get some real help..
good luck.
|
Quick Reply