Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Ears ringing after loud music

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Ok, I never go to concerts and I never play loud music in my car. I dont even use earphones and my TV volume is never up high.

Last Saturday I was with a friend and we went to see a small concert in a bar. I'd say we were there for 2 - 3 hours. We were near the front most of the time. The music was loud. After we left we went for about 30 minutes to another lounge where they had loud rap music. I hate rap music so I left.

Since then, I notice my ears are ringing. I am one of the people who get irritated by noise (chirping crickets, fan etc) so I like it silent. Problem is now when it is silent my ears ring.

I can still hear the slightest things, even my automatic watch when its under the pillow. So no hearling loss. But even as I type this, I can hear the ring. It almost went away yesterday but then when I went to bed, it was worse.

I guess now its gets louder and softer. Is this a sign of it going away? I know that there is no rule with loud music, but surly after one concert it cant be permanent? How long does this usually last?

Could I be loosing my hearing? My hearing is fine at the moment. I can hear the slightest noise but also the ringing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2010
I had severe ringing in my ears and nothing seemed to help me. So I know exactly what some of you are experiencing now. I found a place that helped me alot. Check it out, maybe it can helo you too.
tinnitus-help.net
|
Did you find this post helpful?