Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Early period mean pregnancy ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
So i had unproteceted sex on the 9th of july , i was expecting my period on the 29th but it arrived on the 20th so i had an early period. It was normal, lasted 6 days although day 7 and 8 it was like brownish and normally it last 6 days so it was 2 days longer.

I wanted to know if this could mean pregnancy or not?
And when should ill be getting my next period?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A25879
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you are not on any other form of birth control measure and if you were during your fertile days at time of intercourse, chances of pregnancy could be present. Wait and watch for your next periods (which if regular should come as per your menstrual cycle length). Look out for development of any other new symptoms if you suspect chances of pregnancy. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates (variation of upto 10 days is considered to be normal), or if you get abnormal periods, or if you develop symptoms suggestive of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.