Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

ear pain and persistant fever

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
My daughter, 17 years of age, has had a fever that ranges from 100.6 to 102.4 degrees and never breaks for 32 days now and has severe pain deep in her ears. She did have ear tubes placed in her ears on 3/25/11 just before the onset of her deeper ear pain and fever. The ear tubes were placed to releive the fluid in her ears as she had acute peripheal vertigo from the fluid, following an anaphyaltic shock allergic reaction with no known allergies. She has been to see two different ENT's who see no evidenceof foreign body reaction in her ears and tell me the ears look fine. She has seen an IDS who gave her augmentin which did not help. She has also done two rounds of zithromyicin and is currently on bactrim in case there is a resistant bacteria involved. Her viral panel was negative, as was mono and strep tests. CBC was last done on 3/18 and was normal. No sed rate was done with this test. She was alos negative for human parvo virus. Immunoglobulins are normal, as was the IGG2 subset ( she was IGG2 defiecient as an infant). The tonsils do swell and have had exudate on them but do not remain swollen. The fever persists. It drops to the 100.6 to 101 degree reange the first three days on a new anitbiotic but rises after the fourth day to the 101 to 102 plus range. She did test postive for microplasma but has had the two rounds of zithromax. Any thoughts of what we should look for?

Read more: Read message http://ehealthforum.com/health/privmsg.php ?folder=inbox&mode=read&p=753515#i xzz1KSewA3yn
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 28th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?