Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

ear moisture

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
my left ear has a squishy consistent internally...like i have water in the ear but i don t...it s just "moist". any suggestions on treating this? thanks
-steve
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2010
Supporter
Do you suffer from allergies? I do and sometimes get clear fluid in my ears as a result. My allergist told me to get a baby bulb, fill it with a 50/ 50 mixture of white vinegar and water, and clean my ears with it.
*Make sure you use lukewarm to warm water as cold water will cause pain and can lead to an ear infection.* Tip your head to the side, fill the ear canal with the fluid, wait 30- 60 seconds, then place a towel to the ear and tilt the ear to the other side until the fluid has drianed out onto the towel. Then repeat for the other side. *You can do this at any time during the warmer months but want to wait 30- 60 minutes before going out into the cold after doing this. If you go out immediately, any remaining liquid may become cold and cause pain or lead to an ear infection.*
Try this and see if it works. It always does the job for me.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: ear, nose, nose throat
Quick Reply