Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Ear crackling

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I had a pretty serious cold about 2 years ago, and I started noticing my ears were crackling a lot. I realized I was subconsciously moving the back of my throat to make them crackle. I was wondering what it was and my primary care doc said I have fluid in my ears. Took decongestants, but it didn't work. I went to an ENT doc, they said I have no fluid in my ears, said it was caused by allergies, and put me on allergy meds and flonase. Still no change. I gave up and just deal with crackling my ears constantly. Now this morning, my right ear makes this pounding nose every now and then like something is moving in my ear.
Any ideas what this is? I hope I'm not the only one that deals with this...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2008
hi
hi i have similar simtoms i dont know what happen to me after a big cold that i had i been having problems with my ears, like cracking and i subconsciously move the back of my throat even worst lol, i went to ent, neuro, MRI nothing is wrong at this time i dont know whats going on with me, its been two years with this problem.
|

replied June 15th, 2008
hi
hi i have similar simtoms i dont know what happen to me after a big cold that i had i been having problems with my ears, like cracking and i subconsciously move the back of my throat even worst lol, i went to ent, neuro, MRI nothing is wrong at this time i dont know whats going on with me, its been two years with this problem.
|

replied June 17th, 2008
how is ur swallowing?
Hi i been having the same problem over two years now, and im dealing with it, i went for all kind of doctors and nothing yet, i wonder what is this.i been also for now reason subscosciously moving the back of my throat and is worst, even my swallowing is affected. i been very nervous for the last two years about it and also this cause an anxiety to me.
|