Medical Questions > Mental Health > Dyslexia Forum

Dyslexia

I am trying to find out why I have a hard time understanding material that I read regular, but when I read upside down (I usually turn the paper around) I can understand better. It takes a little longer for me to read it, but I understand more. I also can write using both of my hands (I am right-handed) and this just doesn't apply to English. I can read and write Japanese and music notation this way as well, both right side up and upside down. Could this be a form of Dyslexia? I was evaluated by a psychologist while attending college in Boston, but she could not give me an answer on what it was. I have always done poorly in school, but found that I could perform like this about 4 years ago. I never really read in public because I am afraid to be humiliated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2010
Experienced User
it sounds like dislexia words terning , moving or just dissapring id verry common, i would sugest pusshing for a diagnoses and you realy need a specalist educational psycologest to do it, meanwile try some of the dislexa websites which might be helpfull
|
Did you find this post helpful?