Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

duromine

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
User Profile
i was on duromine for awhile and it worked wonders for me at the start....about 2 weeks into taking the tablets i had insomnia i couldnt concentrate on things at work,,,i was emotional and i was hardly eating...it was like i felt like i needed to take these tablets to find myself pretty....my partner nearly broke up with me over thos tablet so i went off them and have tried other ways to loose weight..has anybody else used duromine?? if so please let me no how u guys went... Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile bubz89
|

replied June 17th, 2009
i took them as well.. they say u shouldn't use it for longer than 1 month continously.

lost 10 kg in 1 month. also had terrible side effects - headaches, constipation, insomnia, irritable
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2009
Experienced User
I took them years ago. I didn't lose any weight, but I had insomnia, terrible constipation and ran around the house cleaning all the time. I was really hyped up and couldn't settle down.
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2010
I too also had them, I took them for 3 months, and the dr told me i could only take them every 3 yrs, then i would NEVER be allowed to take them again as they are highly addictive and he said it is the "sister drug" to speed. i lost weight but as soon as i came off them i put it all back on, i was constantly "high" and if I didnt take them before 8am i wouldn't be able to sleep that night ... i would get a very dry mouth too. I don't suggest this a good weightloss tool. I think the only way to loose weight is the good 'ol, watch what you eat and exersise is the only way to loose .. bummer!! hahaha
|

replied January 11th, 2011
Duromine
people say they put weight on straight after them well you obviously not keeping up with your exercise n proper eating cause if you were you wouldn gain it and dor those that didnt lose weight you have to do more then clean your house get out and about the best thing to do when losing weight is to power walk or run as fast as you can for at least 30/45 mins a day
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2011
Experienced User
In reply to the last post, I didn't just clean the house. I mentioned house cleaning only because it was not something I usually did a lot of, but this tablet caused me to keep moving and behaving obsessively. At the time I took these tablets I was walking for almost two hours a day as well as holding down a full time job. My point was that these tablets can cause more problems than they solve. If they work for you, then that's fantastic, but some people do have concerns about them and I was adding my voice to this. Cheers!
|

replied October 21st, 2011
My Weightloss Experience and Advice
Hi all,

I started using Duromine this Sep.
It was a pratical solution for me as I had gained a
large amount of weight, 20kg in exact over the past 1 year
plus of not working out and overloading of junk food.
You see, I used to be really fit at 58kg at 163cm
(58kg of mostly lean muscle mass) as I was previously an active member at California Fitness for 2 years.

Anyway, after much research; I realized that I had an Endomorph Body Type; one that is typically characterized with Low Metabolism, High Fat Attainment, etc.

I decided it would be best to kick start my weight loss regime with Duromine as my initial first 2 weeks of daily 1 hour slow jogging in the park only saw my weight loss fixed at 0.4kg.

It's the 22 Oct now, 2 months plus since I've embarked on Duromine. I have only taken 1.5 month supply of Duromine as I didnt want to be too reliant on it.

To be honest, the effects of Duromine wore off after the 1-2 weeks. It doesn't help me much in controlling my diet and I still do take a lot of junk food. Chips, Fast Food, Ice Cream, Beer, etc.

I could have been a lot more disciplined with my diet but I rationalized that I wanted to keep my morale up and still continue to have the things that makes me happy. However, what the difference here is that, I now MONITOR the food that I take. Even if it's 3 bags of Twisties, I keep check. I don't care if I took 2800 calories worth of food today or 1600 yesterday.

I just make sure that I hit the gym 4 times a week with at least an hour's worth of workout in, each time.

40mins- Treadmill/Ski Machine/Stair Master

Break Down of Cardio

18 Mins: SLOW JOG 7-7.8

2 MINS: SLOW JOG 7-7.5 + INCLINE AT UP TO 4

(SLOW DOWN FOR 1-2 MINS)

20 MINS: GRADUAL BUILT UP IN SPEED/JOG-RUN

18 MINS- 7.5 UP TO 8.5

2 MINS: YOUR MAX SPEED (VARIES UPON INDIVIDUAL)

STRETCH AND REHYDRATE AND MOVE ON TO WEIGHTS
|

replied October 21st, 2011
And after I complete my cardio, I would move on to do
at least half an hour's worth of weight, Medium Weights.
I usually use the weight machines dedicated to my Triceps and Tricep/Chest as well as the Machines for the Abs and I would try to do at least 3 Sets with 10 Reps within each designated machine. Higher Reps works better combined with medium-slightly heavy weights for Endomorph Females.

I important thing is to rotate your workout every week if possible if not every fortnightly.

Like perhaps instead of Treadmill, use the Stairmaster and rotate your weights and cardio.

I usually do both within the same workout as it works best for me but I will still always try to determine if for example; I want to concentrate more on Cardio that particular day or Weights. If the answer is Weights, then perhaps instead of jogging for 40 mins.

I will jog for 20 mins at a consistent but gradual pace. Then do another 10 mins of Stairmaster/Stepmaster/
Ski Machine not the Stationary Bicycle though.

The reason why I will still include Cardio is because I still need to burn calories and that while keeping in view that I do not have and want to have a very strict diet just to see weight loss.

High morale is important in losing weight;
not just high metabolism which I do not have.
Haha. Anyway, you get the idea right?

It's been around 2.5 Months since I have embarked on
my weight loss regime and when I first started on this

I was 163 cm (5ft 4in) and 73.5 kg
Now, I'm 163 cm and I weigh in at 64 kg.

I have lost almost 10 kg in 2.5 months.
It's not as much as what other people could have
achieved but I'm happy with my weight loss because
though on the scales it may not seem like much,
the truth is that it's a lot because i have gained
muscles with my workout and because i don't just
focus on a cardio workout; there's a higher chance
that I have lost fats and gained muscles at the same
time and hopefully; increased my metabolism rate concurrently.

My goal is 58 kg and I would say I'm only 6 kg shy
of reaching that goal and I'm trying to reach that goal
slowly. I will give myself 2 months to reach that goal
as I believe it will be easier to maintain my weight thereafter.

I hope my review has been of help.
I just want to highlight that losing weight doesn't
always have to be a depressive and demoralizing event.
I hope there would be others who would take a proactive yet non-dieting approach to get in shape like me.

Have that double cheeseburger or doritos that you want;
just tell yourself that you will work hard at the gym.

Cheers and best of luck to all of you
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 3rd, 2013
Give your Body a break from them Three days on seven days off
This is how I deal with dreadful sideeffects - my plan my diet week consists of 10 days rather than seven. For the first three days I take Duramine this really reduces my hunger incredibly, I may take one optislim and I drink heaps of water. I cant stay on them longer the side effects suck, Then the last seven days of my dieting week I take Optislim. On about the fifth day I am getting hungry again but I can handle it because I will have respite with duramine in a couple of days, The weight is dropping off quicker than anything I have ever done
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2013
NEW USER TO DUROMINE
4 DAYS AGO I STARTED DUROMINE AND MY WEIGHT WAS 103 KGS, 2 DAYS LATER I WEIGHED MYSELF 100 KGS. HARD TO BELIEVE I CHECKED MY SCALES TO SEE IF IT WAS CORRECT. AMAZING WITH THE QUICK LOSS. ONE THING IS IT LEAVES MY MOUTH DRY AND I AM ALWAYS THIRSTY. I TAKE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING AND FIND I AM STILL ACTIVE THROUGH OUT THE NIGHT. I STILL YET TO FIND OUT WHAT SIDE EFFECTS IT HAS ON ME AS I AM NEW TO THIS PILL.
|

replied October 23rd, 2013
DUROMINE (or meizitang)
To make sure everyone gets it,
Duromine makes you, especially at the start, lose fluid, NOT FAT. It simply makes you look thin! I've taken them too, i've kept up my eating habbits AND i monitored my FATbalance with a professional trainer.

I lost 16 pounds in total but strangly enough I've lost only 5 pounds of fat, together with 5 pounds of MUSCLE!
The rest, 6 pounds, was probably water.
I've stopped the 10th of september and now i gained 10 pounds again, 4 pounds in fat, no muscles so probably i gained 4 pounds of water also
So now i look fatter than ever before hahaha.
And still, i want to take thelm again, because they are truly adddictive
|

replied March 7th, 2014
I am doing Jenny Craig and last year the doctor gave me a script for duromine over the last two weeks I have only lost 500grms so I started duromine today but not sure how it wii go am I doing the right thing by taking it have heard a lot off different things about it does it really work
|
Quick Reply