Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Dull Tooth Pain

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
User Profile
Hello Everyone,

I am having some problems with my teeth, the ones on the bottom row in the middle are giving me this dull pain! I have had it before but it usually goes after a few days and its been over a week now and strong pain killers only take the dull pain away for a few hours, Any one know what this could be?

I have been away in America for the past 18 months and the day I left I cracked a tooth on the bottom row again but on the left said just 3 teeth away from the back and I never got it seen to because I could not afford the dental treatment in the United States and that tooth is just basicially rotting away, fortunately I have an appointment on Wednesday to see a dentist, would that be causing the problems and what will the dentist do with the tooth that is rotting?

I hope I have not confused you, any questions then ask and I will answer them for you.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year! thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2011
Well, you may need a better treatment for your tooth. You may need to take root canal treatment.
you will find your treatment in less cost and also with enjoyment.
good luck:)
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Nottingham89 and welcome to ehealth: The tooth will in all likelihood, have to be pulled out and replaced...It is possible that this tooth in question had problems from the start...It is a good thing that you are having this taken care of...The way it is it could cause you problems in the future...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 4th, 2011
It may be possible to grind down the rotting tooth and put a metal crown on it. Only a dentist can decide what has to be done. Sometimes a "root canal" can save a tooth. The dentist drills out the entire inside of the tooth and fills it with artificial material.

As for not being able to afford dental or medical care in the U,S., it is so exorbitantly priced that nobody can afford it without insurance, and even then it may be difficult.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
This happened to one of my children...It was years ago, but I think it has not changed much since then...There was no way to save the tooth...It was cracked straight down...I believe he did a root canal and inserted an artifical tooth very near the same color as her bottom teeth...

Just to be on the safe side you may want to wear a mouthguard when sleeping...Grinding or clenching your teeth in your sleep as you sleep can be a problem...I have found it a savior as I was biting my bottom lip...These things that are mention can add to dental bills...Either way, good luck....

Caroline
|

User Profile
Root canals, fillings, and a lot of other dental treatments can really damage your teeth and not actually solve the underlying problem of the cause of the pain.

For tooth pain, putting things like oregano oil, cloves or echinacea on the tooth may help.
But long term you probably need to change your diet, such as cutting out sugar, and getting enough nutrients from things like fish and butter (from grass-fed cows) and avoiding most processed foods and junk foods.
|

replied January 12th, 2011
Know the cause why your teeth is getting dull.. are you fun of eating acidic foods? sodas? maybe you have vit d deficiency? work on your health.but it wont make you miserable or anything. when you drink soda use a straw. It is very important to know the cause so you can omit the cause of it and not worsen the situation and not spend too much money going back and forth to your dentist. I understand this situation. My auntie will go here to have her teeth done by me all the way from USA because she could not afford dental treatment in there and she needs dental treatment that isn't included in her insurance.make sure you do the right tooth brushing technique, use soft bristles tooth brush and floss. use a high fluoride toothpaste but make sure to use them just once a day, twice a day will do. but remember too much fluoride will also be bad can cause fluorosis. massage your gums gently with your clean finger with a pinch of your fluoride toothpaste in it at night after tooth brushing and then just spit it out. do not gargle, leave it there until morning so your gums will absorb the fluoride, believe it or not in 2 months you will see results. It helps a lot. try to research on it if you don't believe... If you go to the dentist they will tell you the same depending on how extensive the erosion of your teeth. If too much then they will so the appropriate restorative cosmetic treatments for you. But i am assuming that your teeth is fine as of now it is not yet extensive so you can still take care of it and not worsen it. Like i said your diet, try to minimize acidic food, sodas, even wines and yogurt is low in ph level. remember that the lower the ph is the more acidic it is.. God bless =)
|