Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Dull pain under left rib

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have been having this dull pain that started about a week ago, its like this dull knot kind of feeling under my left rib cage that I usually cannot feel until I move a certain way or stretch, the other thing is that my left rib cage is now sticking out a little bit further than my right one which is kindof scary, also I smoke and have a drinking problem. thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Since you are experiencing the pain when moving and you find your ribs swollen (there are many causes that may lead to ribs swelling), it is very possible that the pain is resulting from some musculoskelatal disorder of your ribcage.
Another thing that needs to be taken into consideration is enlarged spleen or swollen spleen.
This condition leads to upper left abdominal pain or pain under the left rib cage, that is dull in quality.
|
Did you find this post helpful?