Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Dull Pain in Scrotum

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Question to the medical community; I have been experiencing a discomforting pain at the bottom of my scrotum for months. I have seen my physician. He prescribed me antibiotics (cyproflaxin) to treat epiditimitis/prostatitis. I went on 2 cycles of this stuff for approximately 21 days each cycle.

The discomfort did not subside. I had tests for STDs. I have no STDs.

I then went to see a urologist. He did all types of embarrassing inspections. Then, he prescribed me a different antibiotic, which I have been taking for 18 days now (one per day). Discomfort is still here.

I take care of myself, eat right, exercise, masturbate regularly. My desire for sex has diminished significantly as a result of this. I can still have sex, but there is very little satisfaction/pleasure. Im 26. Please, any advice. This is getting out of hand.

Btw, I have a motorcycle and an office job at which I am sitting for 6 hours per day most days. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem.

If this is an infection, I would be surprised at this point because I have bombarded my bloodstream with antibiotics.

Please help. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nij0
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2009
Supporter
hello this is very strange especially after the rounds of anibiotics. did your urologist also check for a small kidney stone lodged in ureter..?
from research done sometimes doctors find no cause for testicle pain and can disappear without treatment..i agree with you that there is something not picked up on and maybe they are trying to ease the pain rather than find the cause.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Thank you for your response, Ioka. My Urologist did not check for kidney stones. However, I have a follow-up appointment with him tomorrow and will inquire about the possibility. Thanks again Wink
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2009
Advanced Support Team
What is the discomfort like? Is it a burning pain, a throbbing pain, a stabbing pain?
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Danielv, all three of those sensations exist usually depending on the position I am sitting or laying in. None of these are excruciating, however.

The pain is always localized at the bottom, center of the scrotum. The problem does not seem to be with the testicles, but the epiditimus.
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
hello again ive looked all over trying to research and all i keep finding is chronic infection and it can spread from first onset of pain to scrotum..let us know how your appointment went as im curious to what the findings were..
|

replied July 1st, 2009
I went to the appointment today with the urologist. The doctor is very laid back and probably long past the age of retirement. Nonetheless, I mentioned the pain was still there after 21 days of taking the 3rd cycle of antibiotics. He prescribed Fluoxetine for at least another 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago, I provided a urine sample. The doctor did not have any urinalysis results today. What did I give a sample for then I wonder??? Shall I be more assertive and demand results? I have another appt. in 3 weeks.

Thank you for your continued commitment.
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
goodness i thought our nhs in britain was bad.." thats a good question! (why no results when one taken)? yes i would be more assertive and ask as all these antibiotics are going to make you immune to them..

have you any other symptoms apart from the painful scrotum? im not a doctor but during some research this infection can last up to three weeks and the medication you were given today was one i remember them say is the one they prescribe for chronic infections.

keep on at them till you get your urinalysis result.gosh wish i could be of more help to you.
have they given you a medical name for it?
|

replied July 1st, 2009
I will get the results of the urinalysis.

The doctor speculates that it's epiditymitis or prostatitis.

I asked what would be done if this cycle of antibiotics doesn't work and there was no answer. Tell you what, the older I get, the less impressed I get.

I do appreciate your continued feedback.
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
hi okay this is what i can tell you about prostatitis..

pain when passing urine and frequently..can cause fever and discharge from penis. this may also cause lower abdomen pain and around the rectum to lower back pain..
blood may appear in urine..us women get same problem but called cyctitis..in other words urine infection..

once you get your results i would also advise get second opinion as your doctor doesn,t seem to be taking this as seriously as you.

any infection that lasts as long as yours has needs further investigation and tests my friend..
|

replied July 16th, 2009
hi
i have had an aching in my scrotum too and have been told it is from a nerve in my back. i have been told not to sit for six hours straight at my desk but to get up every 20-30 mins and walk around. i have been doing this for the past week and my aching has gone.
|

replied November 7th, 2011
Scrotum pressure & pain when sitting
I am 65 years old, have an enlarged prostate, and have experienced prostatitis on and off for over 20 years. I am only too familiar with the symptoms and treatment of this infection. For the past several months I have experienced discomfort when sitting due to pressure/aching/tingling/stinging pain at the base of the scrotum. My Dr prescribed two seven week rounds of antibiotics (Sulphatrim and then CIPRO) which would normally fix any prostatitis symptoms, however it has had no effect on the discomfort in the scrotum area. I am otherwise very healthy and active and I have no discomfort when walking or moving about. Any similar experiences and positive outcomes??
|

replied November 7th, 2011
Scrotum pressure & pain when sitting
I am 65 years old, have an enlarged prostate, and have experienced prostatitis on and off for over 20 years. I am only too familiar with the symptoms and treatment of this infection. For the past several months I have experienced discomfort when sitting due to pressure/aching/tingling/stinging pain at the base of the scrotum. My Dr prescribed two seven week rounds of antibiotics (Sulphatrim and then CIPRO) which would normally fix any prostatitis symptoms, however it has had no effect on the discomfort in the scrotum area. I am otherwise very healthy and active and I have no discomfort when walking or moving about. Any similar experiences and positive outcomes??
|