Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Dull pain in left testicle

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I''ve been having a dull pain in my left testicle for the past few weeks. The pain is very erratic, at times I''ll go a whole day with no pain, but other days I''ll feel it several times in a day. It most often affects me during erection, but can come at any time. Recently the testicular pain has also been accompanied by pain in my lower left abdomen. I''ve been thinking it may be a hernia, does anybody have any other opinions on what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 16th, 2010
i've been dealing with a similar issue for about 8 weeks now. The pain first started at the base/front of my groin and the docs thought it was epididymitus. I took the 2 weeks of vicodin and tetracyline but things didn't change. In fact, it began to manifest as well in my lower back and the lower back side of my right testicle. The next time i was examined they thought it was pulled groin muscles (due to me telling them i had snowboarded weeks earlier). They recommended no strenuous activity whatsoever. After 10 days of 0 activity which could aggravate i was still having issues. Also, long periods of sitting began to bring on the pain, though the levels and frequency was not consistent. I was taking ibuprofen and sometimes over the counter Tylenol and that seemed to alleviate the pain but it would always come back if i stopped. I went to the docs for a third time and they recommended an ultrasound and urine tests. They came back with negative results for some more serious testicular problems, but they said i have 2x spermatoceles, one on each testicle, 3mm & 4mm. The blogs/heresay/write-ups i've seen on the www say spermatoceles are somewhat common and usually not painful but sometimes can be. You may want to see your doc about further testing. I'm gonna go back to mine as i can't see myself taking 10 ibuprofen tabs for the rest of my life. Hope this experience helps.
|

replied May 1st, 2010
Hi,
Last year I endured what sounds like to be the same type of pain you are going through. I too was told it could be epididymitus and was prescribed an antibiotic which alleviated the pain for a while but the pain returned. I went and got an ultrasound and they discovered that I had microlithiasis (calcification of some sort...google it) and I was told that this condition was considered to be a precursor to cancer and I was instructed to have it removed. 2 months later testicle was gone and a prosthesis put in its place. No more pain!! I hope that this is not the case for yourself but it is not the end of the world...my sex life didnt change a bit.
|