Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Dull pain below right ribs

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have had a dull but almost constant pain for several months below my right ribs. It has recently developed into a much more intense pain to where it hurts to breath. I also have shoulder and back that has become more intense. Last week I tried eating pizza and these pains grew much more intense and made me feel sick. I had diarrhea and nausea following. I am a 29 year old male, and i have read that gall bladder problems are much more common among middle age women. Is it likely gall bladder? What other possibilities are there?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2009
I think it is more common with women but can happen to anyone, my doctor told me her youngest gallbladder patient so far was a 16 yr old boy.
You sound like you are having the same symptoms as me, bt I have just had an ultrasound and been told I have no gallstones. The doctor said it could be ulcers or excess acid in my stomach. Best thing to do is contact your doctor and get a test done, if it is gallbladder they can sort it out for you. I am a 31yr female and was stunned when they said I may have gallbladder problems,
thought it was an older persons illness!!
Hope you get better soon
|
Did you find this post helpful?