Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

dull constant pain in left side between rib cage and pelvic

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
My 22 yr. old daughter has a dull constant pain in her left side between her rib cage and pelvic area this has now been going on for 2 days also you can see that it is swollen in the area, and if you try to push in on the area she hollars out in pain. Last night she went to the ER they did a ct scan ,bloodwork ,urine test ,pregnancy test and said every thing was normal. Something is wrong she has always been a healthy child. She has 2 children has not had a period in over 2 yrs. single mother no insurance. I her mother does have crohn's disease for over 25 yrs. Dr. at hospital gave her pain meds and told her to stay off work for 3 days and come back to ER if it continues. Her face is flushed really tired no diarrhea ,feels really warm to the touch , some nausea at times but not all the time. Thank You in Advance a very worried mother..

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A37267
132. Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well, if your daughter had a scan then probably some things are ruled out. However, she should have a scan through vaginal route to rule out ectopic. Also she could be having kidney stones, PCOD or IBS/Crohn’s disease. A person can have Crohn’s without any loose motions with just bloating and inflammation. I am sorry but she needs to see a doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.