Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Dull ache right side

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
About two years ago I noticed I was holding my right side lower abdomen and around my side. I had a strange dull ache which lasted a couple of days.

Sunday this ache came back and I have had it all the time. It sort of feels like a crampy feeling and its irritating. Sometimes it feels like the pain is radiating down into my hip and around my back.

I also have a numb tingling feeling in my right thigh on the outer right side. (My dr said this was sciatica).

I had my gall bladder removed three years ago.

I am not constipated and I do not have diarroha(sp).

Sometimes I do get a nausious feeling and my mouth fills with water.

I have also been diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia which I have had for years!

Any suggestions. It's really starting to get me down.

Thanks.
Margo258
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2009
Experienced User
Hi Margo, I'm sorry that you're feeling poorly.

Have you been to a doctor and have they ordered imaging tests such as x-rays, MRI, or CT scans? Check out this page on eHealth to learn more about which test you can request, and how to prepare to see the doctor for abdominal pain: http://ehealthforum.com/health/abdominal_p ain_diagnosis-e7.html
|

replied October 30th, 2009
I must admit I haven't been to see my GP yet. I was waiting to see if it continues or disappears - I always say "I must have wind!!!"

My husband is recovering in Hospital at the moment having had his gall bladder removed - it must be the french water!

I will make an appointment next week if I still have it.

Thanks for the link, I will take a look.

Many thanks for your kind words.

Margo258
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2009
Experienced User
rainbow

The tingly feeling could definitely be sciatica...let me know when you can see your GP. Diagnostic tests can definitely set your mind at ease...and knowing that you are seeking medical help can take away the anxiety. Good luck!
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Thank you Illustriously Fickle. I will keep you posted.
|

replied November 9th, 2009
I had my ecography scan today of the whole abdomen. Everything is okay. The Doctor who did the scan did say that that cannot see the colon with that type of scan, so I suppose thats the next step. Back to the GP. I wonder if it's grumbling appendix?
|