Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

dry sore skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I have been diagnosed with CT and am now suffering from very dry skin on my hands which is splitting and bleeding especially on my fingertips which is really fustrating and painful Sad is this linked to the CT ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2010
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. In carpal tunnel syndrome, there’s basically pressure on the median nerve resulting in the tingling and numbness in the forefinger, middle finger & thumb. Poor functioning of the nerve can result in the dryness of the skin. This is possibly due to the improper functioning of the sweat glands. I’ll suggest consulting an orthopaedic surgeon/neurologist for the same. The treatment will depend on the underlying cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. For e.g. if hypothyroidism is the underlying cause, then you’ll need thyroid supplements and if diabetes mellitus is the cause, then a good control of the blood sugar should help.

I sincerely hope this medical information helps. Take care.

|

replied May 10th, 2010
Thanks so much , I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday Smile thanks again for you help
Joyce
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
hi joyce
i have had CT and 6 weeks ago i had the carpal tunnel surgery....best of luck with the doctors on wednesday

lisa
|

replied May 11th, 2010
Thanks Lisa , I hope you are recovering well from your surgery x
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
hey hi janet,

unfortunately im not recovering to good from the carpal tunnel operation surgery
my hand is now more painful than it was before i had the operation

its swelling more its up and down like a balloon and blue-ish in color some of the time dont get me wrong the scar as healed really well but the pain and weakness in my hand and wrist is terrible i cant write anymore and my wrist is really weak
the only way i could describe it is like having constant cramp in my wrist the pain is awful janet it really is not that many people on here have been successful with the carpal tunnel operation

i noticed that you said you have been diagnosed with CT doctor what is the next step for u....have u had any steroid injections.. Question ..

anyway hope to hear from u soon

lisa wave
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.