Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

dry skin and irritation near anus

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
hi,

i have been suffering from the issue of dry skin in the right side of my anus area which is very close to the anus and causes a hell lot of irritation. I dont even remember now i am having this for how many years. for reference, what i remember is i had a dressing done for fistula right in that area when i was 13yrs old. Now i am 24. Recently i had a 4rth stage Hemorrhoid (some 2 months back) which was controlled by some drugs. My major concern now is what can i do about the irritation which is prevailing. Please help and thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2009
Experienced User
Chron's Disease
You need to be tested for this disease, the sooner the better, Chrons is number one producing rectal fistulas, if it goes untreated you may develop cancer, so go right away to see your doctor, and explain the samething you did in this forum, he may advise a colonoscopy or at least a rectoscopy, go with the mind set up because he probably wants to do a rectal exam and this is painful, he needs to check for occult blood. Godspeed...
|

replied February 8th, 2009
thanx a ton dude!! i think i need to rush now...
|
Quick Reply