Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Dry patches on skin after tanning

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
hi iam really concerned i have skin cancer after going on a tan cab about six times over a period of weeks,i have never been on them before then and havnt been on them for 2 weeks and last week i notied i have red round dry patches of skin on my neck,stomach and leg,its terrifying me as its sort of came out of nowhere,i dont usually moisturise as ive never needed too,but now iam so worried,i worry so much anyway i would just like some advice,iam naturally a bit pale but use alot of faketan,could this just be from goin on a tancab and not moisturising properly?iam deeply concerned i would apprectiate it if someone could help me thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I doubt you have any skin cancer, but be careful with tanning booths...Don't overdo...Cancer shows later in life, however, damage is happening now...Take care...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: janettemac 

thankyou for your advice,i went to my doctor and he said it was tinea corporis,a fungal skin infection,not worriying as much now,iam not going to use the tancabs again
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi again janettemac....You are wise to follow up on this...I have a son that has melanoma from his days in the Sun and has paid dearly for it...Tanning booths can do the same damage...People do not realize the danger they are doing and have done until it is too late...Now enjoy each day and have a wonderful life....Take care...

Caroline
|

yes i am going to follow up on this,iam sorry to hear about your son,thats such a shame,i love to be tanned but id rather be pale and healthy,thankyou very much for taking time to advise me,takecare
|