Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

dry mouth caused by Oxybutynin

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am taking Oxybutynin for hyperhidrosis (excessive or hyper-active sweating of the hands and feet) but it has an undesirable side effect of dry mouth, which is more pronounced when I exercise. I need to take it every four hours after I get up, four times per day. It is moderately effective. What remedies are there to combat dry mouth. I have a difficult Taekwondo black belt test coming up. It's in two 2-hour sessions, on the same day, so I need to be able to last without drinking water for at least one hour I'm guessing. I have dried Mouth Kote spray, but it only remains effective for around 25 minutes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|