Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Dry Cracked Nasal Septum/Mucosa

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi. This is my first post on ehealth forum. I plan on visiting an ENT in the near future. I have a tendency to overreact to health symptoms - so I wanted to get your opinions. I do have health anxiety & I take an antidepressants for OCD...

So anyway, my right nasal septum is Extremely dry!. The skin/mucosa on my septum actually peels sometimes. I only notice it in the dry winter months. At least that is the only time it bothers me. I try not to pick at the skin & I do keep it moist with Ocean Saline Nasal Spray and I apply triple antibiotic at night.

Sometimes its itchy, but for the most part its just peeling skin (no smell, no pain, no bleeding?)

Anyone else familiar with this? Thank you sunny
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply