Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Drug induced Anxiety disorder

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I wasn't a real drug user....I used cocaine in summer 09' for the first time and again on Labor Day weekend...and then I went to a club....found a dude who said he had some real good stuff so I tried it & I bought it. I was using his stuff all that next Saturday....it felt really good. I was partying alone tripping out to my shows on TV. The next day I felt like something was REALLY wrong with me!.....everything was surreal and I did not feel like myself all day and was having panic attacks. I eventually went to the hospital that Sun night/Mon morning. They found cocaine in my system but they said it seems as it was cut w/something else. I eventually realized it was cut with probably Meth & PCP.....Idonno I went back to the hospital again a week later...they said I was gonna be fine. I am going through that weird always feeling high & anxiety stage right now a month later after use...I get tingling through my legs & arm & head sometimes. I be looking forward to sleep and I have been taking some pills that help w/ the Anxiety a lil, and sleep aides but as soon as I wake up and stand up the whole not myself high & anxiety feeling comes back feeling comes back. I be online all the time lately, searching for others that have been through this.... loneliness and depression also sets in trying not to think about death or watching anything too deep now. I was told I overloaded my brain and need time to get back to normal. I have a doc appt Tues w/ a Psychiatrist for the first time so that they can give me what I need to take I guess & talk. I hope I get some feedback.....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Blackraid and welcome to ehealth:...I read your post...In ways it fits into some things that I have read on the world of drugs...I have never used them, however, years ago I did have to use valium for a sorrow that was too big for me to handle...Needless to say, this was doctor prescribed...Got off of that quick when I found myself going 60 miles an hour on the highway in a 40 mile zone...This is how it affected me...I mean, that was a trip....

Please understand that I am not a doctor nor have any training in handling your problem...However, I question if you take too much or too strong of a combination of drugs that you can disappear so deep into your own mind that you can't find your way home...I believe something like this can happen...Kind of like going a place you should not have traveled....If something like this is true, then you must find that path back to yesterday....Whenever these bad thoughts come into your mind, kick them out...Don't allow them to stay....When you are lonely, then get out with people...Force yourself...Find everything that was dear to you and bring it back....

I'm jumping in here in a place I don't belong, but from my experience of many years ago and that one time I took Valium, I remember it well.....Do take care....

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: LiftmeUp 

replied December 5th, 2010
this happened to me one month ago, idk about u but in my experience i felt the same things ur describing weeks after the bad "trip" with the help of a therapist i realized that me thinking something was still wrong was causing my anxiety to get out of control, this let to dispersonalization, panic attacks, presure in my head, inability to think "straight", short memory lost,among other symptoms of anxiety, but it was me thinking something was wrong with me that let to all those feelings when in reality it wasnt lik that, anxiety is a powerful thing with many symptoms, still you shud talk to your doctor and therapist.
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2010
Not drugs without prescription
That is why it is not recommended buy any medicine without a prescription. Look at the results of the friend blackraid. A few years ago i made the same, take vicodin, mixed with alcohol and finished in the hospital. Then i read in findrxonline that these medicines must be prescribed by a doctor.
|