Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Drops of urine coming out after normal urination?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
When I pee it's normal and fine however after a delay there are drops of urine coming out? I try to get it all out when I pee but no matter what I do it still comes out later.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2011
Hello,

You have not mentioned your gender but if you are a male then most of the men have this symptom of urine dripping after urinating. The male urethra, which is about 15-20 cm long, is not a straight tube. If a little urine collects in the upper curve, it might not come out while you are urinating and then drip out afterwards. As you mentioned milking the urethra can help in emptying the bladder.

Also exercises strengthening the muscles around the place where the urine pools (pelvic floor muscles) helps the urethra to empty more efficiently and avoids after-dribble. If the symptoms persist then prostatic causes and obstruction to the flow of urine like in warts in the urethra need to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: urine, bladder
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.