Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Drivers license after seizure ?

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
Will I lose my driver's license after having my first seizure? I did go to the emergency room and had another one while I was there. My doctor told me that it would be a possibility. Will I be getting something in the mail letting me know or should I just call the license bureau myself?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2008
I really wasn't diagnosed until I woke up in the hospital with a chunk of my tongue nearly off and bruises up my arms form the 2 IV's I ripped out. After that it turned out that I had partial complex seizures. I did indeed lose my license for a year. It was kind of a mixed blessing. I rode a bike to work for the whole summer (only a 3 block ride) and couldn't take field calls for work. Also, the wife had to drive all the time. I got time to relax, and sleep on the long trips. Just like she would always do Very Happy

Your doctor might not tell anyone because of the dumb paperwork involved which includes him. I did it on a promise and he gave me an all clear in a year. Talk with your doctor and explain you are a adult and are responsible.
|

replied November 10th, 2008
we have 2 teenage daughters and the oldest has seizures we have been to scared to let her drive she doesn't understand that it's for her safety
|
Tags: seizure, Epilepsy
Quick Reply