Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Drinking alcohol while on Benicar ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I have high blood pressure and I am taking Benicar 10mg daily. I would like to have half a glass of white wine before I go to bed every night. Would this be ok?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dude456
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can lower your blood pressure and may increase some of the side effects of Benicar. Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you are taking Benicar.Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
|

replied November 21st, 2011
Im taking Benicar but Im really tired ,and when I do fall asleep its like I sleep for ever. I just close my eyes and 6-7 hours later i wake up.. Is that a normally thing with this med.
|