Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Drinking alcohol causes tingling sensations in head the next day

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, for the past few months or so, whenever I drink alcohol, I wake up and around 12:00-2:00 in the afternoon, I'll get a kind of uncomfortable tingling sensation on the sides of my face. This is usually followed by tingling right below my ears on the back of my neck. I also feel slightly light-headed and hot when this is happening. It usually lasts for about 15 minutes and then goes away. I've tried drinking lots of water before going to bed after a night of drinking, but it still happened. I've tried eating first thing in the morning, but it stills seems to come up. The weird thing is that it seems to happen right when I'm eating lunch my college's cafeteria or when I'm in my class that I have right after lunch. I think I'm going to stop drinking alcohol for awhile because the feeling kind of scares me and can be pretty uncomfortable at times. Do you have any idea what this might be? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 19th, 2011
Thanks for the reply but this tingling feeling in my head doesn't happen after drinking a lot of alcohol. I could have 2 drinks and feel tingling in my face and head the next day a few hours after I wake up. This never used to happen like 6 months ago but now it does all the time.
|

replied October 11th, 2011
I have the same issue. Doctors have done an MRI, cat scan, ear analysis, eyes, heart (echo and stress test) all with perfect results. Have you found out what is causing your problem?
|

replied April 1st, 2012
I have this as well, and so do, it seems, a lot of people on the internet. None of them know what's happening and doctors are just as knowledgeable, some saying it could be a lack of carbon dioxide and to breath into a bag (didn't work for the guy who tried it), some just saying it's some form of nerve damage (which to me seems unlikely, seeing as this can happen with people after just two drinks).
What's weird about this is that it seems to happen to pretty much anyone, from seasoned drinkers to people who don't drink much at all (happened on my second time ever drinking, but not my first). I mean, if anyone finds a solution for this I will kiss them violently on the mouth, but it seems unlikely to me.
On the other hand, I find walking around and drinking water helps. Sometimes it just gets unbearable, and I can't think or anything, so I just go walk around for a while. And whether or not that actually helps, it does at least take your mind off of it.
Does anyone having this also have other problems, such as depression or epilepsy? Because I have temporal lobe epilepsy and are prone to depression, so I'm wondering if this could be anything.
|

replied November 5th, 2012
Please help me too
i have the same problem, if you find what it is or have a solution please e-mail me
thank you
|

replied April 27th, 2013
Tingling after drinking
I get this as soon as I start drinking. I just had two sips of beer and I start getting tingling in my cheeks, my upper neck gets tight and I can feel tingling in my arms and hands. I guess it is a good thing because I do not care for alcohol that much due to the effects, but I would like to know why this happens. I wonder if it is a slight allergic reaction maybe? I have no idea, but mine happens quickly. If I drink a whole beer, then I feel it in my legs too. My cheeks get hot as well with just a few sips. It is strange, to say the least. My mother has the same issue as well.
|

replied September 18th, 2013
liver problems maybe. I have the same thing. I figured out not enough stomach acid and then pancreas has problems and the colon and then you get a leaky gut with fungus in blood. Liver needs to clean the blood and cannot do his job. Maybe this is the reason. I cannot drink water but i noticed when i eat veggies (cooked) i get the same thing, when i ad salt is goes better so maybe not enough stomach acid and then the whole proces goes wrong and you get fungus in the blood and liver probs, when i take a pill (vitamine or so), i get the same thing, weird feeling head, emotional, disorientated and muscle and bonepains (reumatic pains). Liver is toxic and pancreas stressed out. That is what i am thinking. They are going to test my stomach acid and they took blood to check for fungus.
let me know what you think. Angelique
|

liver problems maybe. I have the same thing. I figured out not enough stomach acid and then pancreas has problems and the colon and then you get a leaky gut with fungus in blood. Liver needs to clean the blood and cannot do his job. Maybe this is the reason. I cannot drink water but i noticed when i eat veggies (cooked) i get the same thing, when i ad salt is goes better so maybe not enough stomach acid and then the whole proces goes wrong and you get fungus in the blood and liver probs, when i take a pill (vitamine or so), i get the same thing, weird feeling head, emotional, disorientated and muscle and bonepains (reumatic pains). Liver is toxic and pancreas stressed out. That is what i am thinking. They are going to test my stomach acid and they took blood to check for fungus.
let me know what you think. Angelique
|

weird feeling head after drinking water
i have the same thing, cannot drink water without a weird feeling in head and legs, feels like I poison myself, i think liver has a problem with cleaning the blood due to fungus. can it be not enough stomach acid??? when i eat or drink something with salt is goes better.
I am having this problems for 10 months and visited many doctors. I think stomach acid is the problem (not enough chloride, eating salt helps or bakingsoda in water or apple cider vinegar in water)
mail me if you have the same problems
Angelique
|