Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Dreaming While I'm Awake

Hi,I am a 19 yr old female with some weird sleep habits. This has happened to me on and off my whole life but in the past 4 months I have experienced this 3 times. I will go to bed and then wake up hours later and start dreaming. For instance, about a month ago I woke up, sat up in bed and was talking to my supervisor at work who was in my room (she wasn't really there)and she was telling me I had to observe the children (I work at a daycare). I knew I was in my room but it didn't register that it was abnormal for another hour or so. I remember looking at the clock every 20-30 min and telling my supervisor I couldn't do it because I had to sleep. I remember feeling guilty like I was going to get fired when I finally gave up and laid down. I was seeing my room as it normally was but with what I can only describe as an understanding that the dream was real... It happened again last night and I woke up, talking to my sister (who wasn't there) and a few other people who weren't really there. I put my hair up in a pony tail and stood up. I was dreaming that I was going on a second date with this guy I had been out with 2 nights ago. A few minutes later I laid back down and went to sleep.I woke up with my hair still up so I know I didn't dream the whole ordeal. I live on campus at college so my behavior is pretty disturbing for my roommate. I also sleep talk every night and communicate with any other sleep-talkers in the room. I have been trying to look up the causes and the name of it but I haven't been successful. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper person816
|

replied January 10th, 2011
Its most likely a trigger from stress try doing something for at least a half hour a day that helps you relax im sure it should at the very least not happen as often.
|
Did you find this post helpful?