Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

dreaming stomach pains actually woke me up

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Okay so it is January 9th and I was sleep and all of a sudden in my dream I was having I started feeling stomach pains and it actually woke me up, yes weird. So I woke up very uncomfortable and the pain was horendous. So I go to use the bathroom cause i'm thinking it's just the typical pain I often get when I have to do a bowel movement(and I guess that's not normal either to always be in pain). But anyway so I do that and I feel no relieve whatsoever like I didn't even use it. So there is no point in straining, so i return to bed and slightly fall asleep now it is 2:30am I wake back up cause the pain is back so i use the bathroom again, nothing, so i go back to bed. Again 3:30am I feel the pain again and at this point I want to die cause I am tired in pain and no relieve. So I use the bathroom kind of have a bowel movement but the pain is still there, I finally throw up
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The symptoms described are very nonspecific and do not help to give a proper cause of ‎your ‎problems. A complete history regarding your dietary habits, current symptoms in ‎addition to a physical ‎examination will be helpful to know the cause of your stomach ‎issues. ‎

The most likely cause of your symptoms could be due to gastritis, or indigestion.

The best way to prevent this condition is via dietary and lifestyle changes. ‎

‎1. Eat slowly by chewing the foods properly. This reduces the amount of air ingested while eating & ‎‎‎also facilitates carbohydrate digestion. ‎

‎2. Pay attention to the kind of food you have been eating lately. This would help identify specific foods ‎‎‎that cause symptoms and then cut down its consumption. Avoiding carbonated drinks and alcohol ‎‎‎should be a priority.‎

‎3. In order to control anxiety and stress, an easy option would be to practice yoga and meditation ‎‎‎techniques.‎

You can try the following medications to reduce your ‎symptoms as follows. ‎
‎1. antacids (Tums, mylanta) can be continued to relieve the acidity. ‎
‎2. Omeprazole will help to reduce acid secretions ; ‎
‎3. Probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements will help to improve digestion.‎
‎5. Pepto bismol – to relieve any abdominal discomfort. ‎

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.