Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Dreading intercourse after miscarriage

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
ive started to dread having intercourse with my boyfriend as I had suffered a miscarriage several years ago. I start to panic and it hurts if he tried to penetrate me. I also bleed now and again if I try to help things get started. im too worried to ask anyone.

Please help. Im worried if this keeps happening I will never be able to have children.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
hello and welcome...okay firstly you need to relax and you being tense and expecting intercourse to hurt will happen..
I understand your concerns and i advise you to see your gynecologist for a check up as bleeding during or trying to penetrate intercourse is not right..
now i hope you have an understanding partner who would prefer you to satisfy his needs others ways until you are checked out...
once you get your own health problem sorted out then the rest should fall into place..
watch for other replys and hope all goes well for you. leaving this problem will only make matters worse..
good luck.
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
Hi Sunni-I agree with ioka..I did want to ask though if you are lubricated enough when you have sex?If you are not lubricated enough you can get irritated and bleed..

I understand about miscarriages as I have had several and they are painful to go through with the loss..

Try to relax honey and if getting pregnant and having another miscarriage is something you are worrying about happening again-that is possible-but--you have got to get you back to health..I miscarred several times not by choice and I went back on the pill and made myself wait until I had me ready..Worry will not change nor help you right now-actually it is more of a hindrance as you are tense..
|