Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Drank on Thursday.. its coming on Monday..

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Okay, I thought I'd ask on her before going to a hospital that probably can't do anything for me anyway.

I'm a 23 year old male military member,

I drank about a pint and half of spiced rum with coca cola Thursday evening.. Drank 2-3 jagerbombs (Jagermeister and redbull)
and maybe 4-5 beers that night.. We were celebrating completion of course, so I went all out.. last I remembered is I got kicked out of the club for being too drunk.. and a buddy brought me back home.
I woke up at 5:30 am for work still drunkish and the day was quite terrible. it wasn't a lovely experience.
Only started eating again around 5pm on Friday and never ate anything till noon on Saturday.. for the rest of Saturday.. I plummeted my body with electrolytes and healthy food.

I'm on Sunday evening now.. went for a quick jog this morning and ate / drank normally all day. I'm on Sunday evening and I feel really out of touch with reality and lost.. and not too quick at mind. Takes me a bit longer to process things than normally.. and I have a bit of anxiety.

I do have previous anxiety problems also.

Please help, what can I do? I'm leaving for Vegas on Tuesday.. and I want to be healed by then.
No more drinking like that.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2011
Experienced User
I hope you are doing better by now. It does get better!
|

replied December 24th, 2011
To accelerate elimination of alcohol from your system fructose is the only substance proven effective. A good resource for fructose is pure honey.

Ex. see: Onyesom, I (2005) Honey-Induced Stimulation of Blood Ethanol Elimination and Its Influence on Serum Triacylglycerol and Blood Pressure in Man. Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism, Vol. 49, No. 5, 2005 319-324.

http://content.karger.com/produktedb/produ kte.asp?typ=fulltext&file=ANM2005049005319
|