Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Dr.Ho's product and inflammation

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Does anyone own this product? Can it help reduce inflammation in the SI Joint like that of an electrotherapy machine?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper justshutup
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I have never heard of Dr. Ho or his products until your post.

I did a google search on the title of your post and read some of the links that came up.

I'm not a doctor, so can only give my personal opinion, which is this.

If it is advertised only on the internet, only on infomercials and only by ordering through a special site on the web or special purchase on TV or for limited time only stuff, I would say buyer beware, it isn't going to work.

All this stuff is nothing more than an attempt to take money from people who are suffering in pain and is a waste of money.

Supplements have no FDA regulations nor are they tested for safety or efficacy. You have no idea what you are buying or how safe they may or may not be.

Various types of equipment to use have been proven time and time again to be further waste of money and provide no real relief of spinal or joint pain.

If it was that easy, then everyone would be using it. It would be widely available and medical studies would show that it really does work.

There are no easy fixes to spine and joint pain. Save your money and see and use a real doctor for you SI joint inflammation.
Use medically recognized and medically accepted treatments.

Good luck

Fran
|
Users who thank littleonefb for this post: moneypit 

replied July 5th, 2013
I have had Dr Ho's electrodes for years. They are amazing and still working for over 10 years. The other reviews I have found have been favorable.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
I'm aware of the buy beware when dealing with such products but if this is a scam, then Dr.Ho is the biggest scam artist out there. I've known of him for many many years now and he has a crap loads of products. I've seen his stuff being sold at those product fairs before. If I were to consider any products such at the stuff seen on TV, it would be his.

On a slightly related note. I'm wondering if there ARE any products out there are work on the same effect as a electro therapy machine owned by physiotherapists?
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I'm assuming you mean the electrical pulse machines that are attached to the area of pain and deliver either a pulse or wave type impulses to the body.

You are not referring to ultrasound equipment machines.

Assuming you mean he pulse/wave equipment, you might want to ask about something called a "ten's machine".
It works on the same type of method, but is a portable battery operated and very portable for a patient to use at home. It can be attached and warn for brief periods of time during the day at home.

I believe it has to be ordered by a physician's order and can be done through a physical therapy facility or a doctor's office.
It isn't something that you can just go out and buy.

You will be show how to use it, how to apply it and how long to use it at a time.

As for Dr Ho, like i said, I never heard of him before nor have I ever gone to any kind of product fair either.

He very well could be the biggest scam artist in the world and it could be that some of his basic stuff does ease pain and other stuff doesn't.
And of course there is always the placebo affect that might make someone actually believe that it is helping and relieving some pain, therefore the product works.

Fran
|

replied October 21st, 2011
I don't think Dr. Ho is a scam. I have the Dr. Ho electro-pulse muscle stimulator. I have had it for almost 8yrs and it still works and works well. I get very bad muscle spasms in my legs and feet at night when I sleep, so bad they wake me up. I am also a RN, on my feet 14-16hrs/day so I do have back issues and it works for me. I plan to buy the back belt. I'll let you know how it works.
|

replied February 15th, 2012
I'm sorry but a tens unit is something you can just go out and buy...And no you do not need a prescription. i bought my newest one about 5 months ago, and I love it. And there a great deal cheaper than they were years ago. I paid roughly $ 160.00 and that included additional wires and pads. go on amazon, they have many great deals on these units. I use mine all the time..love it. Mak...
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied March 3rd, 2009
Actually, I own a Dr.Ho's Machine and it works good for muscle pains. It is expensive but theres another product I just got it works great, its called Tens.
|

replied September 6th, 2010
Dr. Ho works. Period! The concept is in fact very simple: according to a 5000-year-old acupuncture theory, pain is often caused by a lack of blood circulation. I had severe shoulder pain due to joint inflammation for 6 months and my medical doctor's multiple powerful painkiller did not do a thing. Yet Dr. Ho works in 20 minutes. That was 10 years ago.
|

replied November 27th, 2010
I have recently started using Dr. Ho's belt. I first discussed it with my chiropractor who had recently been to a conference where he attended a Dr. Ho booth and actually brought some belts back with him. His opinion was that while there have been many belts on the market never one like this - with the design where it inflates to expand and decompress the spine. I have only been using it for one day but so far My pain is less, I had the best nights sleep last night since my lower back pain started six weeks ago. Placebo, maybe. I am hoping this belt will give me the positive results as advertised. There is a thirty day money back guarantee, what do I have to lose?
|

replied February 17th, 2011
I just received my Dr. Ho's belt and put it on about an hour ago. The only problem I can see with this belt is that it stretches in two directions, therefore stretching nerves. I live in so much pain from my neck to the T-spine to my L5, that I have a room full of devices. I use the biostem which is better than the tens and not much more expensive. I am looking into the ALPHA stem which is about 800.00us. To add to my back problems, I crashed one of my street bikes in July and almost ripped off my right foot. Dealing with a faulty skin graph on my ankle and pins and plates on the inside of the ankle/leg. You can imagine that walking all goofy has made my back worse. So with that said, I try anything I can get my hands on. The best treatment is EXERCISE! When I can workout and get the blood flowing, I feel so much better. I'm trying the belt so that I can get a little tug and align my spine. My physical therapist let me wear one of his which costs about the same as Dr. Ho's belt, but the spine is in a free zone, so there is no pressure on it and it's much more comfy to wear all day. I think I am going to get one. That doesn't help the neck and T-spine though. The best thing for that is an arm bike and consistent blood flow. Be careful with devices like Dr. Bob's neck stretcher or the Dr. Ho belt. don't over stretch the nerves. Pulling the nerves upward is one thing, but you will placing twice as much stress on your back nerves because the belt pushes downward and upwards as it inflates applying pressure two fold.
Good luck and I'll let you know how mine works. Oh before I forget. After ANY work out whether manual or with machines, etc., USE ICE!
|

replied May 21st, 2011
TENS Unit
I have chronic muscular lower back pain caused by lourdosis, stress & strain from caring for small children. I use a TENS unit every night when I go to bed, set the timer for 30 minutes. Typically I fall asleep with the pads on so if I wake up in pain during the night I'm still attached to the unit & can set it for another 30 minutes if necessary. If I have pain on waking I'll use it another 30 minutes if I am able. I got mine on Amazon for $35 with no prescription. It comes with a booklet & there are charts for placing the pads & adjusting the settings all over the internet. I highly recommend at least trying one.
|

replied July 25th, 2011
Dr Ho's belt ?
Dr Ho's belt works for me. The principal is the same as "traction" and it used to be the first line treatment for lumbar and si problems. I have had 7 surgery's on my back to repair broken vertebra and after years of theory and countless "try's" to relive pain I now try everything. The best it can do is work, the worst it can do in not work. If you have a bum back before you let them cut try everything. The cost is secondary to the risk of surgery and most back surgery for the relieving of pain is a failure. Read and look up every thing about you problem listen to your doctor but most of all get second and third options on surgery. Try anything, the cost is nothing compared to a failed surgery. I had several that made me worst. try anything, the doctors do not know any more then you do.
|

replied October 24th, 2011
Tried everything - after 40 years, relief
I've tried everything for degenerative discs. I had two spinal fusions (in the same place) and my body rejected the bone both times so I carry a broken fusion. I became a prescription drug addict, tried MSM, DMSO, and every ointment and roll-on. Twenty years of chiropractic treatment, hypnosis, pain clinics, injections, braces, therapy, surgeries, two tens units, the Chi machine, magnetic therapy (which helped) and had two spinal stimulator implants put in this year - one above and one below. For the first time in 40 years, I have relief, but my back is atrophied and my body is so weak that I can barely do anything. I'm fighting my way back from zero, at age 70. Not easy. I may try the belt. Logically speaking and comparing it to similar things, it should work and may provide that extra needed support so I can start exercising. Thanks for the testimonies. Deborah Owen
|

replied January 7th, 2012
Height
How much taller does one stand after inflating the belt? Is it permanent, or does your height go down after you are finished using it?

I have a problem with my spine in that my height goes down about 1 inch from morning to night.

I am interested in buying the belt not to relieve my back pain, but to maintain my maximum height throughout the day.

Is the belt worthwhile?
|

replied January 8th, 2012
Dr. Ho Belt for Back
It amazes me how many morons answer a persons question only to see themselves on the internet instead of actually responding to the ACTUAL QUESTION. NONE OF YOU HAD A ANSWER TO THIS PERSON, YET YOU FOUND IT NECESSARY TO BABBLE INSTEAD OF HELPING THIS PERSON MAKE A DECISION BASED ON ACTUAL USE. Which NONE OF YOU DID!!!!!
|

replied January 29th, 2012
I am still trying to figure out if this is a helpful product or not? After watching the "infomercial", it made perfect sense to me. But would like to hear from more people that actually bought the belt and what their experiences have been...
|

replied January 29th, 2012
Dr. Ho Belt
I am still trying to figure out if this is a helpful product or not? After watching the "infomercial", it made perfect sense to me. But would like to hear from more people that actually bought the belt and what their experiences have been...
|

replied March 1st, 2012
I got degenerative disc in the l section. I run across something that worked very well for me its called painazol. You can,t go out and lift weights but it lets me walk around. Better than the norco I've been taking. Who believe it but its a big improvement walking without pain. It's natural look it up.
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
Yes Dr. Ho has worked for me. It took a while to find the sweet spot, meaning where to attach the pads. Once I found the right spot for me, it worked. Don't get me wrong, I did not run the marathon afterwards, but I did get some greatly needed relief. Thanks Dr. Ho.
|

replied March 23rd, 2014
Dr Ho and Scheuermann's Disease
I bought the belt years ago. It gives support but is not too comfortable. My back is seriously messed up--Schueremans Disease, the Lourdes subset. My spine is very weak.
I don't want the belt all the time because I'm afraid that my spine will get even weaker but lately...
Anyway, maybe I will give it another shot. It's the old type belt with the foot pump.
|