Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Down jacket fetish

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Okay. I'm in college, I have had a fetish for down jackets and vests since I was little. I didn't realize it until I was like 15. But I did love the way puffy vests and jackets felt on my skin. To where when I played a game with my friends when we were 7. I'd always think of a way to be able to put my friends puffy jackets on. No matter what we were doing. And like now. I have a north face jacket that I'd wear to bed. But I didn't get a rush from a that anymore after a while. And since I have another puffy jacket I would put my north face on my legs and I'd wear the other one normally. I know that's extreme but whatever. And like I work outside now. And I love when a woman will wear a puffy jacket or coat to where I work. And the biggest dilemma I have right now. Is a few months ago I was dating a girl but it got a little complicated after a month because I had school, work and other stuff. So we decided to just be friends for the time being. And recently when we were talking she said she feels like we don't really know each other. And I'm like bent on if I should tell her. And if I do, how I should tell her. Like how to bring it up in convo and actually say the words: I have a fetish for down jackets.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bradley888
|

replied April 27th, 2013
Down jacket fetish
I've had the same fetish almost all of my life too. I liked wearing my friends jackets when I was a kid too. I also use to feel like I was the only person in the world that had this rare fetish. Didn't even have a clue what fetishes were back then. Luckily there are actually quite a few people with this fetish. Strangely, it seems mostly men seem to be into down jackets. I've met quite a few over the years. Using a jacket like pants is pretty common among down lovers. It's a nice feeling to have even more skin contact. I love wearing a down mountaineering suit inside a down sleeping bag. The feeling is amazing.

About your question though... It seems you've only known this girl a short while. Or at least you only dated for a short time. So you really DON'T know each other. That's no reason to spill your secrets, especially at your age. If she's really a good person for you, getting to know each other will come naturally. If she wants to share her own fetishes or sexual information with you you might want to open up about it. However, this fetish can be a bit of a mind bender for people that have never heard about it. Never be ashamed of it, just make sure you choose the right people to open up to. She may think its really weird and tell everyone she knows. I'd wait until you know you can trust her.

Again, there is nothing strange or weird about a fetish like this. It's rare, but there are many others out there. The fact that you want to tell people is a good sign that you must be pretty comfortable with yourself. That's awesome. Just be careful about who you tell. If she's right for you she won't care about it. If she's not interested in you it won't help either.

I hope that helps!
|

replied April 28th, 2013
Okay. This actually does help. Haha. It makes me feel less awkward about myself! And too be honest. Is it weird for a guy to like the long puffy down coats? Like the triple c or metropolis from the north face?
|

replied April 28th, 2013
Hey again. Nah, I don't think wanting a long women's down coat is weird. I'm guessing you just want more of a good thing lol. The longer the jacket, the more skin contact, right? Nothing odd about that. I can't blame you for wanting that. I personally prefer down suits and sleeping bags for the same reason, full coverage Smile

I have a ton of down jackets, vests, hooded parkas, sleeping bags, pants, boots/socks, blankets etc. I've got vintage jackets to brand new ones. I like them all for different reasons. People know I like down jackets simply because I wear one as often as the weather allows. When I was a kid I worried that people would somehow know I had a fetish for them. But now I realize that it's so rare that its probably the last thing that would ever come to their mind. Now I just enjoy it.

So if you want a long down jacket, go buy one! You can probably find some great deals this time of year. Another bonus would be that you might have a girlfriend in the future that might want to wear it Wink

The Metropolis looks pretty comfy to me.
|
Users who thank Mattypdx for this post: downfetish 

replied April 28th, 2013
Yeah. I want it for more coverage if I choose to sleep in it.. And I mean do you think the people on my campus would know I'm wearing a womens coat? Because I was always cold walking on campus. And I don't want people to think I'm gay.. Or what not..
|

replied April 28th, 2013
Personally, I really don't care what people I don't even know think of me. Who cares? But yes, you probably will get some looks and people will make certain assumptions. I say buy one and just keep it to wear when you are alone and want to be extra snuggly comfy Smile

An added bonus is that a future girlfriend may want to wear it for you, in or out of the house Wink
|

replied April 28th, 2013
True that. I mean I've been contemplating on the womens transit jacket but the older version with the boxed stitching not the new design. Because it gives a hood and with a feeling of a longer coat..
|

replied April 28th, 2013
I'm sure you can find what you are looking for on eBay. Go for it!
|

replied April 28th, 2013
Oh you mean if I tell her about my fetish.. And honestly. I'm waiting until my a.c. is put into my window. So I can wear my vest and 2 coats to bed...
|

replied April 28th, 2013
I was just talking in general. You may decide not to open up to this current girl, but hopefully someday you'll find a girl that is worthy of your trust.
|

replied August 15th, 2013
I'm 25 and I love winter jackets. Puffy, down or anything with a soft lining. When I was a kid, I used to try to wear my friends jackets in the winter all the time. One of my good friends had a puffy down vest and when he would sleep over I would always go put it on without my shirt on and it would feel awesome!.. I'm bi sexual and I can't help but get turned on by seeing men and women in nice winter jackets. I live in canada where it gets pretty cold in the winter but I love it because I always wear my jackets. Often I will go over to my friends house on the weekends and we would go out to the bars. I would say its cold and don't have a jacket and ask to wear a jacket belonged to them. My 1 friend lets me wear his expensive moncler down jacket and I can't help it but it just makes me really horny. I love it!... I own about 10 jackets and am thinking about getting a women's one just for my pleasure, they are softer usually. I have a DC linear down jacket that I use to put on my legs it feels really good. I have a few hollister down jackets and north face as well. I'm looking to meet some normal non creep people to share messages and pics of our jackets to each other. I love this fetish and think its awesome! Especially if you live where it's cold. Gotta love snowboarding wearing a down jacket and pants with nothing on underneath Wink
|

replied September 11th, 2013
Puffy vest fetish
James.... I would wait on telling her about what your likes a, particularly in this case. I collect puffy vests and they are a turn on for me as well. Your story sounds similar to mine as a matter of fact. When it comes to the girl though, I would leave it out until you have the good relationship where you know it is going some place and you feel comfortable enough to share it. That is what happened to me...
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2013
I've had this since school days. although when I was around 11yrs, I didn't realise it was a sexual fetish! I'm gay and yey to find a guy into the same.But the chances of meeting someone who does enjoy the same, is rare, but finding someone open minded is a start.I enjoy it solo and it really does fulfill my sex life! At first I was slightly ashamed of it, but the internet has allowed me to feel great about and accept it's part of me for life!
|

replied November 18th, 2013
Fetish source
Has anyone else looked into why they have their fetish? I have done some therapy and found out that mine is when during my sexual development my parents weren't very protective, and to find security i enjoyed being covered in blankets. How that transferred to down stuff, I don't know, but yeah.
|

replied January 14th, 2014
ThinkingMan... while I have wondered where it came from, I have long given up on finding out. I figure, it does not control my life, I am not obsessed with puffy vests... it is something I enjoy and I leave it at that. My wife likes to watch me jerk off while wearing them so that is the benefit for me. In the end, I guess it makes not difference to me where it comes from.
|
Quick Reply